Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back From Oklahoma


Alicia and I took a impromptu trip to Oklahoma to see my grandmother Bennett this week, after her condition changed for the worst and scared us. She is in her late eighties, suffering from Alzheimer's, and now lives with hospice care at home. Alicia had never been introduced to her and I hadn't been back to visit since my grandfather's funeral, so we had to make the most of our time. It was great to see her! She looked good with a new haircut and was in good spirits when we arrived. My brother David drove up with us and we met my mother there, before she drove back with us.

1 comment:

alicia policia said...

I hope everything is ok then. My paternal grandmother had Alzheimer's, so I can relate to how scary it can be. I'm glad to hear she was in good spirits and that you were able to have a good visit.

Thanks again for leaving the tickets for us, but I ended up in a sales tax class that evening that prevented us from going. : ( I hope that's all right. The gesture was appreciated, though.